Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Panniers

   I have been riding my bike everyday this week, except today since my schedule just wasn't having any of it.  My new Ortleib panniers arrived today.  They are really neat! I have to figure out how to do the bottom clip, but otherwise they are very easy to use and I picked them in "Holy Honey Bee, BATMAN!" yellow, so they greatly increase my visibility on my cream bicycle.  And they are considerably larger than I had really envisioned, which is wonderful.  I can most definitely do my weekly groceries in those, no problem.  My work stuff will fit nicely into them as well.  I was pleased to discover not 1 but 2! interior pockets.  This was kind of a big deal for me, given the types of tools that I need to transport.  Also, fishing around for your keys is just no fun.

I started my strength training yesterday.  I can feel it, mostly in the triceps and shoulders but a light soreness throughtout the body today, letting me know I worked.  Makes me miss my massuesse.  I am glad that my schedule was not being conducive to the bike today, since my body will be happier to have a whole day to fully rest.  But tomorrow there is bike AND strength training.

In my preparation for the burn several things have come up and been dealt with this past week.  First, my friend I haven't seen in years will not be attending (probably ever again, which makes me sad but I totally understand why).  Mild lameness, but a good excuse to suck it up and get a webcam so we can Skype.  Which would actually be useful for several of my friends that are no longer local, especially given my lack of texting and aversion to phones.  Second, was a bit more important and, oddly, less of a bummer.  It was the trust issue, since I will not be taking my hunny with me.  I understand the concern and we have it addressed as well as it can be.  The only way to earn more trust is to push the boundaries and I appreciate the opportunity to prove myself. 

I am meeting a new friend for hiking this week.  It's amazing what you find when you are looking for something else.  I hope our tea date goes well and that we hit it off.  I could use someone to push me.  A person to chase and try to keep up with.  She has a lovely mind, too, so I look forward to some good conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment