Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love

   Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld


I found that quote today while looking for a good quote for my business.  This sings in my heart.  This sums up so many things in my life.   This is why I can feel the same about somebody I have not seen in years,  Why the lack of words and contact mean nothing.  When love is needed it is there. 
There are many different kinds of love and different kinds lovers. (In the givers of love, not the "doin it" sense)
And that brings me true joy.
And it inspires perseverance.

Hmm...I seem to be feeling lovey and wanting to use other's words to convey it.  So here are a selection of other love quotes that sung tpo me today.

A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
George Jean Nathan

Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
C. S. Lewis

All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
Andre Breton

Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?
Richard Bach

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Judy Garland

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
Michel de Montaigne

Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
Rainer Maria Rilke

Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.
Leo Buscaglia

Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
Zelda Fitzgerald

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.
Rainer Maria Rilke

Sometimes it's a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.
David Byrne

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
Victor Hugo

I think that pretty much says what I needed to say. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment